Managed Facility Solutions LLC. is hiring part-time technicians for upcoming technical relocation, deployment and support projects. At the base level, projects will consist of disconnecting workstations and/or servers, relocating hardware to a new facility and reconnecting workstations and/or servers in a new environment. The intermediate and advanced levels require additional responsibilities and skills sets and/or certifications.
Candidates should be self-starters, punctual, motivated/driven, excited to learn, and have attention to detail. Candidates will need to work well under pressure on large, fast-paced projects with changing priorities. We are looking for an excellent team player with a positive, flexible demeanor, and who operates with a sense of urgency. This position requires standing for long periods of time, and may also require repetitive bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
- Able to proficiently disconnect/reconnect PC workstation and peripherals in a timely manner (15 minutes).
- Able to accurately label equipment with origination/destination information.
- Ensure equipment is accurately labeled with origination/destination information.
- Able to accurately inventory and document layout of technical equipment, including port connections
- Able to rack and stack servers, install rail kits and monitor arms.
- Read and comprehend rack elevation/patching matrix.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of a variety of current PC hardware and computer peripherals.
- Mechanically inclined individual experienced in using power drills and hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of server environment.
- Cable management skills (waterfall technique).
- Knowledge of imaging and software updates.
- Build matrix and applications.
- Logistics management skills.
- Basic L1 Help Desk knowledge.
- Audio/video knowledge.
- Data entry skills.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Access database, Excel pivot tables).
- Basic iOS /Android, Win OS navigation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Able to regularly lift 25 pounds.
- Consent to a drug screen, this is a drug-free workplace.
- Consent to a background check. Prior convictions may not necessarily disqualify you from working for this company.
Part-time, no hours guaranteed. You will pick shifts based upon workload demand, first come first serve. If you’re not available, you do not need to pick a shift to work.
- Computer Skills: 2 years (Required)
- Computer Hardware: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations in Bay Area, California.